To design a digital service that will have a positive impact on the planet and all the people involved, a rigorous research process was carried out. The research involved different users of the future service: both customers and tailors. Experts in fashion, technology and sustainability were also involved. And, of course, the Alternew team itself.
Thanks to this research process, we learned the following:
- What are the implications for a tailor to use Alternew's service and travel to the customer's home or office.
- What communication challenges exist between tailors, customers and Alternew.
- What concerns customers have when they receive tailors at home.
- What customers and tailors value in a service like Alternew. What benefits they can have by using it.
- What technical challenges exist to materialize the service.
- How to make the digital experience and interfaces accessible and inclusive.